To get a price on this product please either complete the contact form below or submit a quote request below.
- Setting up an Ergofit chair
- Backrest & Seatpan Modifications
- Armrest Options
- Speak to an expert
Ergochair Ergofit Chair
The Ergochair Ergofit Chair is our most commonly requested budget ergonomic chair for the whole office. The key to the success of the chair is the range of size options. There are 3 backrest and seat pan sizes that can be interchanged in order to ensure that you can have a range of chairs at different sizes that will fit most if not all the individuals in the office. It is worth noting that the Ergofit is most commonly prescribed as a preventative ergonomic chair, and if you looking for a single chair to manage a condition, most referrers will select from the Adapt 500 or Adapt 600 range.
- Adjustable seat height
- Adjustable seat depth
- Adjustable backrest height
- Inflatable lumbar support
- Free floating (rocking) mechanism
- Optional adjustable armrests
- Available in 3 backrest and seat pan sizes
Key Measurements (Medium):
- Seat Width: 500 mm
- Seat Depth: 44-500 mm
- Seat Height: 450 – 500 mm
- Backrest Width: N/K
- Backrest Height: 520-600 mm
Common Questions Asked about the Ergochair Ergofit ChairWhat is this chair most commonly requested for? General injury prevention for the whole office.
What makes this different from an Ikea chair? Ergonomic chairs, like Ergofit, are deliberately designed to blend in with other office chairs and the key differences lie in the adjustability. The chairs have a full range of adjustability that not only meet full DSE regulations but far exceed them. The range of adjustability in the chair and variety of template sizes also means that unlike most so called ergonomic chairs, they will actually fit most users.
Why do you have 3 different backrests and 3 different seat pans? No-one is exactly the same size, and with a range of differently sized individuals in the office it is often difficult to get a chair to fit everyone correctly. By allowing clients to mix and match seat pans and backrests, Ergofit chairs can be used to fit nearly everyone in the office.
What armrests can be used on this chair? There are two main armrests that can be used; including the 3D Trigger arm or Folding arm.
- 3D trigger arm: This armrest can be adjusted up and down, can be retracted, and also has a small amount of width adjustability in the arm pad
- Folding arm: The advantage of the folding arm is that it can be totally moved out of the way when it is not being used
Who should get what chair? The chairs are unisex so they can be used by females and males. Most offices typically get 75% of the chairs in the middle template size and 25% in the large size and 25% in the smaller size.
Can the chair be fitted with a Neck rest? It is possible to fit the chair with a neck roll, which is ideal if you are trying to partly redistribute the weight of the head going through the spine. We don’t recommend that everyone routinely gets a neck roll, so if this is something that you are interested in please contact us and speak to one our seating posture experts .
What are the colour options? You can get the Ergofit chair in a range of different colours. To see the full colour range, please see the fabric options on the basic adaptations tab.
Can you get an upholstered backrest? Yes
What adaptations can you get with the Ergofit range?
- 2 types of armrests; 3D Trigger Arm or Folding Arm
- Neck Rest
- Sacral Air-cell
- Coccyx Cut-Out
- Polished Aluminium Base
- Upholstered Outer Backrest
Should I get this chair or another chair from the Ergochair range? Generally, we find that the Ergofit chair works best as a general ergonomic office chair for the whole office. If after an assessment, a user requires a chair for a specific remedial issue,the Ergofit may also work well but it all depends on the user’s size. For help finding your ideal chair, please call us, email us, or complete the contact form.
Can you offer discounts on bulk purchases? Yes, if you are purchasing more than 5 chairs we can offer multi-buy discounts. For more information on the discounts available please contact us.
(this information is designed to be used with the PDF instruction manual in the downloads tab).
1. Seat Height Adjustment: It is important that you set the seat height so that you are at the correct height for your desk – i.e. when the elbows are flexed at 90 degrees, the underside of the elbows are able to rest on the surface of the desktop. To get the correct seat height, lift handle (1) and lower or raise the seat until you get to the optimal height.
2. Seat Depth Adjustment: It is important that the seat pan is positioned so it supports nearly all of the thigh without catching the back of the calf muscle. As a general rule, when you are sitting you should be able to fit 1-2 fingers between the front of the seat pan and back of the calf. To adjust the seat depth, pull lever 2 and whilst blocking the wheels pull the seat towards you. Once in place let go of the lever and the position will be locked.
3. Backrest Angle Adjustment: The backrest angle on an Ergofit enables you to position the backrest at the ideal angle for supporting the back. When you first change the angle of a backrest, many users will report that it feels strange. This is most likely because they have gotten used to a certain position and the body is now having to get used to a new position. For most individuals we try and set the backrest angle so it is upright enough to avoid having the user leaning forwards when they work. To change the angle of the backrest, lift the lever (3) and allow the backrest to move to the preferred position. Once it is in the ideal position, you need to lower the lever to ensure it stays in position.
4. Backrest Height Adjustment: It is important to ensure that the backrest is snugly fitted to the lumbar spine, as well as fully supporting the rest of the back. To change the backrest position, reach your arms backwards, and grasping both sides of the backrest, lift it to the desired height. Because the backrest is on a ratchet system, you won’t be able to lower it until it has reached the top of the backrest height. To reset, lift to the very top position then lower to the bottom-most point and restart the lift.
5. Seat Tilt: Whilst some individuals prefer a flat seat, some will prefer a slightly reclined position that helps to pull them into their seat. To change the seat tilt, lift lever (5) and ask the user to lean backwards to tilt the seat back. Once in the preferred position, the user can lower the lever to lock in the new tilt angle.
6. Body Weight Tension Adjustment: The Ergofit can be unlocked, which means the user is free to rock the chair throughout the day. To help facilitate the movement, you can adjust the rocking tension so that it is either easier to move or apply more resistance during movement. The tension hand-wheel is located under the seat. If you turn it clockwise, you can increase tension and if you turn it anti-clockwise you can reduce tension.
7. Inflatable Lumbar Support: If the user has a deeper than normal lumbar arch or wants extra support around the lumbar spine you can increase the amount of air that goes into the lumbar support. Equally, if the pressure is too hard, you can reduce the amount of air in the support. You can inflate the lumbar support by squeezing the inflation pump (7) and you can release air by pressing the air release valve which is attached just below the inflation bulb.
8. Head Support Adjustment: If the user does have a headrest, you can change its position to optimise the level of support that it provides. To do this, grasp the sides of the Head Support and lower or raise to the ideal height. You can then rotate the support to find the most comfortable position.
Backrest & Seatpan Modifications
Coccyx Cut Out
What is it? This is the complete cut-out of the cushion that is positioned at the coccyx area.
Who is it for? A coccyx cutout is most popular for individuals with moderate to severe coccyx pain and individuals with coccyx pain who are over 14 stone.
Key Measurements. 140 mm Length x 100 mm Width
For many people, armrests are very important for offloading the upper limbs and sometimes people have issues when they cannot get adequate upper limb support, because the armrest is not correctly positioned under the arm. This is normally because the armrest is too wide. Another common problem is that the armrest is not height adjustable and or retractable, and as a result, it is difficult for the user to get sufficiently close to the desk. Ergochair have developed a range of armrests that can be used for nearly every upper limb need. If you are not sure which armrests will best suit your needs, please contact us.
3D Trigger Arm Rest
- Height Adjustable – button adjustable
- Width Adjustable - handle adjustable
- Depth Adjustable – slide adjustable
- Arm pad width adjustable – button controlled
- The arm pads will not move when you put weight on them
- Height adjustability will enable you to optimise upper limb support for the appropriate desk height
- The arm pads can be retracted so you can get closer to the desk
- The additional level of width adjustability is particularly helpful when the inside elbow width is significantly narrower than the hip width
- Lack of rotation means that the armrest support will not directly follow the direction of the forearm during typing
- Height range from seat pad 150-240mm
- Pad width: 90mm
- Pad length 240mm
Rotating Arm Rest
- Height Adjustable – button adjustable
- Backward rotation function – button adjustable
- Allows you to completely move the armrest out of the way, which can be helpful for wheelchair users who need to make transfers between chairs
- No depth adjustability
- You cannot rotate the armrest to follow the direction of forearm for typing
- Height range from seat pad 180-230mm
- Pad width: 80mm
- Pad length 280mm
Neck Rest Options
Description: The neck roll is a rounded soft support designed to be positioned in the crook of the neck. The support is most popular when people want to be able to support some of the weight of the head through the cushion.
- Height: 110mm
- Width: 220mm
Speak to an expert
Our unique combination of expertise in rehabilitation, posture and ergonomics, combined with extensive industry experience enables us to help you find the most suitable Ergochair products for your needs. We have never and still don’t employ salesman so you can be assured that you only ever speak to an adapt chair expert with a wealth of experience in Ergochair prescription. To contact us right now please click here
SEAT HEIGHT OPTIONS
Description: There are a range of different gas lifts which will dictate the seat height. When deciding on the gas lift, it is very important to consider the desk height so that the user can be raised high enough to ensure a level working surface. If the user is shorter than average, this may mean that their feet come off the floor, so they may need a footrest to bridge the gap.
There are several BRADBURY fabric options. To see the Bradbury samples please visit Bradbury colours
There are several CAMIRA fabric options. To see the CAMIRA samples please visit CAMIRA colours
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME FABRICS CARRY AN ADDITIONAL SURCHARGE ON TOP OF THE CHAIR PRICE AND SO PLEASE SEE TABLE BEOW FOR THIS INFORMATION